When PR Doesnt work with SEO and loses link opportunities.
I know How powerful SEO and PR can be. You do too, I am sure. PR is the one way to get legitimate “white hat” links of real authority. However, we are far from working well together with PR. Below I have highlighted 9 mistakes I have seen more commonly than I would like to.
This is a short post, because you dont need a full explanation – these points should, in theory, explain themselves.
- When the PR story is shared BEFORE the SEO team realise
- When the PR team release it without ANY links
- When the PR team knows something is cooking, but doesnt tell online team – especially with reputation management
- When the PR team links to product pages which may move around
- When the PR team links to product pages / site with ANALYTICS TRACKING
- When the PR team links, but doesnt capitalise on the right anchor text
- When the PR team gets a good link TAKEN OFF. (trust me, it happens)
- When the PR team refuses to answer interviews regardless of how good the Link opportunity is
- When the PR team waits for weeks before forwarding a GOOD link request from a National Newspaper, because its “online only”
Image Source: My awesome Logo Creator
Rishi Lakhani is an independent Online Marketing Consultant specialising in SEO, PPC, Affiliate Marketing and Social Media. Explicitly.Me is his Blog. Google Profile